[sldev] [VIEWER] 64 bit status and open source components

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 05:08:17 PDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this is documented some where, if so then please just send me there :-)

Whats the current code base staus wrt 64 bit systems. Is it capable of
being compiled for an Athlon 64 (specifically on linux in this
instance)? and what about the libs as well, as i will of cause need
64bit libs as well. I don't mind loosing fmod as it dosn't work too
well for me at the best of times.

Whist i remember, i saw a while ago a message saying the viewer had
been compiled completely with open source components including all the
gstreamer stuff. All i remember was that this is done internally by
the Lindens but i have not seen anything else about this since.

Thanks,

Robin