Japanese bugs, was Re: [sldev] OS-SL Development Issues (was Upcoming viewer releases)

Dave Simmons (Simon) simon at lindenlab.com
Fri Sep 14 15:56:44 PDT 2007

Hi Alissa -

I added a comment about this to VWR-250, but can you upload a .zip of
your source for the following files into that task?

linden/indra/llcommon/llstring.cpp
linden/indra/llcommon/llstring.h
linden/indra/newview/llimpanel.cpp
linden/indra/llwindow/llwindow.h
linden/indra/llwindow/llwindowmacosx.cpp
linden/indra/llwindow/llwindowmacosx.h
linden/indra/llwindow/llwindowwin32.cpp
linden/indra/llwindow/llwindowwin32.h
linden/indra/llwindow/llpreeditor.h
linden/indra/llui/llui.cpp
linden/indra/llui/llui.h
linden/indra/llui/lllineeditor.cpp
linden/indra/llui/lllineeditor.h
linden/indra/llui/lltexteditor.cpp
linden/indra/llui/lltexteditor.h

On Windows, I submitted the changes that put the IME window into the
right position, but it just missed the latest merge into our release
pipeline so it will be another week or two before it gets into the RC
source.   This is doing the call to ImmSetCompositionWindow() so it
shows up in the correct place.

Unfortunately, as you mentioned, Mac OS X doesn't seem to have the
equivalent functionality so it will likely require the much more
complicated code you have worked on.  I looked in the patch, but I think
it will be much easier to merge your changes with the full files.

Thanks for all your work on this,

 - Dave (Simon Linden)