[sldev] [ARCH] Raw notes from the Second Life Grid Architecture Working Group.

Tao Takashi tao.takashi at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 15 11:55:34 PDT 2007

Hi!

I started some wiki pages about this project, starting here:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Architecture_Working_Group

(not sure this is the right/best name. I think we maybe need a better one
;-) )

For now I tried to briefly describe the proposed architecture and the basic
decisions made by Linden Lab (REST, cHTTP, capabilities).

Feel free to correct things where needed. What's missing is maybe some
description of how to participate and some sort of capturing the discussion
that
was going on. I might think the best way would be to go via some top level
usecases and go down from there, adding thoughts where needed on the
discussion pages.

I'd also think that one should step back a bit, define first about which
things we are talking, what the actual top level elements of such a system
are, what
completely different use cases one might imagine and then go to more
specific use cases from there. We do not need to write them down in detail
with scenario,
all exceptions etc. right now, maybe for some it might be important though
when it comes to implementing them.

I will try to come up with some initial use cases etc. later or tomorrow. (I
don't want to wait 2 weeks until I can tell you what I can commit to as I
might have forgotten
most of it by then ;-).

I also made a list of the workitems defined in the irc log here:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Workitems_for_Meeting_1

(should every workitem be a wiki page then actually?)

cheers,

Tao