[sldev] Re: [ARCH] Raw notes from the Second Life Grid Architecture Working Group.

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 08:50:35 PDT 2007

From: Lawson English <lenglish5 at cox.net>
> Different topologies for region-connections would be incompatible with
> the LL design, of rectangular islands where people can walk/fly across
> borders at any point.

I think you and Tao have going off at a tangent for my question.
There's nothing in the current design where a region has its
resources locally and shares them with logically adjacent regions
that prevents it from having non-grid-like connections to the other
regions.

My question wasn't "why not a grid", it was "why split the resources
for regions up that way".