[sldev] Eventlet under windows?

Donovan Linden donovan at lindenlab.com
Mon Sep 17 12:26:44 PDT 2007

Now that I look at it closely, it appears the fcntl module is only
used to set file descriptors non-blocking, which I think only happens
in the case of unix pipes (not available on windows) and maybe stdin
and stdout.

Probably the right thing to do is at the top of the module:

try:
	import fcntl
	HAS_FCNTL = True
except ImportError:
	HAS_FCNTL = False

And then at the bottom where it uses it, emit a warning (try the
warnings module) if HAS_FCNTL is False. Then if anybody ever sees the
warning, we can see what was being attempted and figure out how to
implement it under windows.

Thanks! :-)
Donovan