[sldev] [ANN] certified http development

Tao Takashi tao.takashi at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 19 01:44:14 PDT 2007

Hi!

2007/9/19, Ryan Williams (Which) <rdw at lindenlab.com>:

> You may have noticed that Certified HTTP was listed as one of the
> components of SL Grid 2008.  Well, we're starting to build it.  :-)

Hey, a start! :-)

I encourage everyone interested to take a look at the documents and
> code, flesh them out, poke holes in the logic, etc.  This thing is going
> to be awesome and totally sweet, and I'm looking forward to working on
> it with you all.

You really should make this an open source developmen and inform the Python
community :-)

I quickly looked at the code and wondered, if maybe the ZODB might be of
help
for the persistance part. Not sure if it adds to much overhead though.
But it would be a finished object storage with transactions and also the
possibility to work distributed (e.g. one storage and many clients).
Somebody in the Zope community is also implementing some RAID-like solution
for it.
(the ZODB is part of Zope but can also be used and is available standalone).

http://wiki.zope.org/ZODB/FrontPage

Oh, and you maybe want to start directly with an egg-like structure for the
project
so you can easily create an egg out of it and e.g. upload it to the
cheeseshop.

And I hope to see Linden Lab at the next EuroPython :-)

-- Tao

taotakashi at gmail.com
http://taotakashi.wordpress.com
http://worldofsl.com