[sldev] [ANN] certified http development

Phoenix phoenix at secondlife.com
Wed Sep 19 10:56:59 PDT 2007

In order for reliable message delivery to work, you have to have an
ACID data store. It could be a file system (with much programmer
care), or it could be any of a number of ACID relational/object
databases.

We have the most operational experience with MySQL, so our initial
implementation will almost certainly be backed by it. I think once we
have a solid interface for persistence needs, it should not be too
difficult to port to another store.