[sldev] Object and Texture Cache

Maurizio de Pascale mdepascale at dii.unisi.it
Sat Sep 22 02:49:28 PDT 2007

Hi,
the viewer engine is drawing things, and to do that it has obviously to
build up vertices and indices at some point, to feed them down to the
opengl since it is not using a software renderer.
Probably this data is stored somewhere in memory since it will be too
costly to build them on the fly at each rendering cycle.

I think that the LLDrawable class (the mDrawable field of viewer
objects) could be a good point to begin searching for (at least is what
I'm doing right now) but if some good guy on this list could shed light
on the subject I will be eternally grateful... :)

thank you in advance,
Maurizio de Pascale
mdepascale at dii.unisi.it