[sldev] What color should I paint the bike shed?

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Mon Sep 24 05:01:55 PDT 2007

Argent Stonecutter wrote:
> On 24-Sep-2007, at 02:35, Jason Giglio wrote:
>> Well as I pointed out elsewhere, MS Paint in Win XP+ apparently does
>> support PNG.
>
> Not in Windows 2000, which is still supported (and is the last version
> of Windows that's big-brother-free).

Well, I'd say leave BMP in if you want the patch accepted.  Taking it
out the Lindens can only loose, there's someone bound to complain
because it breaks something for someone (and be it just a weird
automated system that can only read BMPs) and there's no real benefit
(like performance, code size, etc.) in removing it.

Btw, there's already an option somewhere in prefs to save screens in
compressed format which saves the screenshots in TGA atm.  Adding
an option for PNG there may be the way to go, or replacing TGA with
PNG (as that's bound to break it for less people).

Nick