[sldev] Permissions

Tao Takashi tao.takashi at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 24 06:32:22 PDT 2007

What about a select between

- allow copy inside the originating domain
- allow copy inside the originating grid (thus also attached and hopefully
trusted domains)
- allow copy anywhere

You might want to have different versions with different permissions and
different prices then.

Not sure if the list of grids won't become a little too complex. you might
want to upload your content manually then to the grids you trust.

Moreover one could think of a permission to copy based on some trust level
of the grids but not sure how these could be defined for region domains.

And we might also have grids with different permission system (I think it
should be pluggable and those could be identified by some URI field like for
XML namespaces) and an object might then not be compatible with a certain
grid because it uses a different permission model.

-- Tao

taotakashi at gmail.com
http://taotakashi.wordpress.com
http://worldofsl.com