[sldev] [ANN] Nicholaz Homebrew

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Tue Sep 25 05:52:23 PDT 2007

Robin Cornelius wrote:
> On 9/25/07, Nicholaz Beresford <nicholaz at blueflash.cc> wrote:
>> There's a new nicholaz edition and also Linux build of it.
>>
>> Noteworthy features (differring from Linden RC) are fixed chache
>> clear hiccups and detection plus warning of sim disconnects (redmaps),
>> a stuffed memory leak and ongoing flushes of the keyframe cache.
>
> Arrrg, just finished packing the last version for AMD64 linux. Right
> something to do this afternoon now.

Same happens here all the time ... whenever I make a version, Lindens
come out with a new one :-)

But this one should compile straight under Linux, few minor compile
quirks with gcc (or forgotten LL_WINDOWS) sorted out.

> I am hosting my build at
> http://www.byteme.org.uk/secondlife-amd64/binary-packages.html
> In fact I have a complete standalone (opensource) AMD64/linux install
> there and a debian.deb

I'll add them to the blog.  When you have something new, just post
here or email me and I'll point people there.

> But if its useful Nicholaz, i can just send you the
> do-not-directly-run.bin file for AMD64 linux and you can include that
> as well?

I have no idea if it's useful ... never used Linux, so I'm not aware
of the benefits of the different builds or what is required for whom.

Thanks for efforts!

Nick