[sldev] Proxy support in SL client

Rui Granja rui.granja at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 08:18:27 PDT 2007

Hi,

I work for a financial institution which aims to operate in SL. Since
our corporate policy mandates that internet access be performed
through a proxy server (either HTTP or SOCKS) and considering that
proxy support seems to be a popular request for users in corporate
environments I was wondering if there are any plans to provide this
feature.

I'm aware of both the SLSquid and the openvpn/yourfreedom workarounds
but they do not seem to be an option in our case. I've tried using a
socksifier but haven´t managed to get that working yet (unlike many
other applications that lack native socks proxy support it doesn't
work out of the box).

Has anyone in a similar environment managed to get SL running?

Thanks in advance,

Rui