[sldev] Avatar Viewer

atreptow alexander.treptow at zweitgeist.com
Wed Sep 26 04:43:29 PDT 2007

Lawson English schrieb:
> atreptow wrote:
>> Is it possible to write a hardly cropped slviewer that can view every
>> avatar without authenticate to sl, only sending a request or
>> something to the server with data like character name and getting
>> back the data for displaying the avatar. without the possibility to
>> act with this character in the sl-world?
>>
>> for example for a friend viewer that can view all friend avatars and
>> maybe also shows when they are online
>>
>> greets
>> Alex
>> /index.html
>>
> I would think so, but only if you have  "physically" been the the
> presence of your friend. The server never sends stuff that is
> completely out of range of your camera view, like in, avatar meshes 3
> sims over.
For an Avatar Viewer i dont want to use the whole viewer. Because i dont
need environment data, no sounds, no inventory, and so on.

The question i got is: What all do i need to have a fully successful
connect to a grid and to download my avatar once?

Then i only have to look up what ive to do to visualize the data. but i
got big problems to connect to the server without the viewer

I think i need some functions do generate the xml data and get mac and
hd-serial. but before i can send xml data i need a https connection
right? does the llxmlrpctransaction do the connect in the viewer?

greets Alex