[sldev] New Scripting Functions

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 06:06:36 PDT 2007

On 27-Sep-2007, at 22:20, Lawson English wrote:
> I don't recall qarl saying that these were a given.

Didn't say it was "a given", I said it was missing. It may be that
Qarl will implement something else instead, but I sure hope that
reason prevails and the basics get taken care of first.

> And *I* want something that animates n sculpties, not just one.

Synchronizing events in multiple prims for everything else in SL is
done through link messages and through the audio sync support, or by
setting the parameters to multiple prims in a link set. Extending
llSetLinkParams to allow more precise control of the links (which is
in the list Iridium provided) along with the sculpt animation
parameter should get you what you need. Keying sculpt and texture
animations to audio sync might be better, and would solve problems
for texture animations as well, but that doesn't seem to be in the pipe.

So... getting something that animates *one* sculpty may give you what
you need, and if not the link parameters proposal being considered
would do the job.