[sldev] OpenID & SSL certificates

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 09:12:37 PDT 2007

On 30-Sep-2007, at 10:54, Dzonatas wrote:
>> Does this require my using the same identity with SL as with other
>> OpenID services?

> I'm not sure by "other" you mean affiliated or non-affiliated
> OpenID servers.

By "other" I mean "any company other than Linden Labs".

>> Can the authentication be handled entirely within SL?

> Since SL can be partially in-world and part web, as it now exists,
> yes.

By "handled" I mean "the entire process, including creating the
certificate".

By "entirely within SL" I mean both "with no other application
involved, including a web browser", and "without any company other
than Linden Labs being involved".

Otherwise, if it comes to OpenID or something like LL's original
proposal *except* with a client that handled the login entirely
within the application, using web services (or a hardcoded form
response) over HTTPS, I would prefer the latter.