[sldev] Viewer optimization patch.

Soft soft at lindenlab.com
Tue Apr 1 16:30:19 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Jason Giglio <gigstaggart at gmail.com> wrote:
> While I've worked on some patches to optimize particular areas of the
>  client, I decided to try a more holistic approach.
>
>  It seems to be working.  The attached patch retains all of the current
>  usefulness of the client, and should be fully backward compatible.
>  Benchmarking has shown a speedup ranging from 5-10x compared to the
>  standard client.

Erf. Results are pretty mixed so far. I'm impressed with how much it
simplifies the main viewer loop, but I'm not comfortable with the
degraded avatar effect. ...and maybe it's all in my head, but audio
seems downright horrible.

I'm temporarily hosting sample builds for all three platforms:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Soft_Linden#gigs_build