[sldev] Re: 1.19.1.4 RC - Crashes after successful build

laurent cezanne lcc1967 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 03:34:08 PDT 2008

Could it be related to that :

QUOTE :
Email From Henri Beauchamps

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 20:30:12 +0200
From: Henri Beauchamp <sldev at free.fr>
Subject: Re: [sldev] 1.19.1 release source
To: sldev at lists.secondlife.com

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 12:03:21 -0500, Soft wrote:

> A few people have pinged about 1.19.1 source.
>
> I'm currently unable to publish to svn.secondlife.com - I'll get
> updates out when that's resolved.

Good, thanks.

> In the meantime, 1.19.1 release is identical to 1.19.1 RC 4, except
> for some version strings. RC4 source will generate a functionally
> identical binary.

Not if we take into account Rob's message to this list. Citation:

"There was one change that slipped in between RC and final release"

And obviously, it's a potential crash fix:

-               delete iter->second->data;
-               delete iter->second;
+               if(iter->second != NULL)
+               {
+                       delete iter->second->data;
+                       delete iter->second;
+               }

So it is not a neglectable change !

Question: why the guy (or gal) in charge for compiling the viewers at
LL is not also in charge for releasing the sources ???  After all,
(s)he needs the sources to produce the binaries and it would ensure
that the published sources are -actually- the ones which were used
for the official viewers...

Regards,

Henri.
END OF QUOTE