[sldev] Major memory leak with 1.19.1 release

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 07:06:50 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Matthew Dowd <matthew.dowd at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>  Since installing 1.19.1 release, Windows Vista keeps popping up a message when I'm running SL warning me that I am running low and memory, and suggesting I close SL. I've not seen this before in previous Windlight or RC versions. I'm running with 2GB RAM (and a 4GB swap), before anyone asks.
>
>  Is there a pretty big memory leak in this version?

Well i have seen some interesting memory usage over the whole RC
series tried to valgrid but not identified anything major. But i have
had swap storms again and on linux i usually use a ulimit to prevent
it from stealing too much memory. But this is up and down a lot.

BTW are you someone who moves the camera a lot? i have seen it
suggested that moving the camera us causing a leak?

It would be really cool if we could feature freeze for a little while
and chase some bugs out of the system to get things really stable
before adding more new things.

Regards

Robin