[sldev] Comments on Harold's "Retro Dazzle" theme

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 10:37:12 PDT 2008

On 2008-04-10, at 10:55, Harold Brown wrote:
> Yes I hate the Dazzle UI, Yes I posted my dislike when it was first
> shown, and when the Firstlook Came out.  But the difference is I
> didn't bitch about how LL didn't listen to me.  I made a Retro Dazzle
> skin with the classic UI colors and darker Dazzle interface images.

It's nice, I like it. It makes Dazzle usable.

I would like to suggest going back to the old map icons, and even
back two generations in the menu bar icons. There's an ongoing
undercurrent of dissent over Apple's decision to encapsulate the
buttons in Apple Mail on Tiger, and there's a couple of applications
available to revert to the old un-encapsulated icons. The reason is
that encapsulating might look better, superficially, but it makes the
icons harder to use and recognize by reducing the contrast between them.

The encapsulated map icons have similar problems.