[sldev] Dazzle / Windlight merge?

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 19:48:51 PDT 2008

There is a reason blue text is hard to see: the human retina has far fewer
of the blue light sensitive cone cells than for red or green light. Younger
people with excellent vision may not have difficulty using the Dazzle UI
with the blue text, but older people or those with compromised vision won't
find it as easy. Personally I find it quite difficult to read text with the
Dazzle UI so I dont use it. I hope when it ships that more thought has gone
into the UI design and that changing it to allow for comfortable use is not
too difficult. I wouldnt want to go through the process of googling for
third party fixes and jumping through hoops every time a new viewer is
released just so I can read the text it displays.