[sldev] Linden Lab Navigations and Landmark Project

Stephany Filimon stephany at lindenlab.com
Thu Apr 17 10:33:16 PDT 2008

Hi, SLDEV -

Linden Lab is kicking off a new project, focused on navigation within
the viewer, that is different from others we've done.  How is it different?

First, Vectorform, a third-party software development company, will
complete the design and implementation work for this project, rather
than Linden Lab. Vectorform will work closely with Linden Lab, and their
team is very familiar with Second Life as residents, Help Island
mentors, and developers.

This project will be public.  This means that:
* Many tasks will be visible in PJIRA.  We aren't yet in a position to
publish all planned tasks, but you will see many more than we've
traditionally published with new projects.
* Vectorform will check their code into a public branch (that you can
check it out of).
* Weekly project updates will be sent to public email lists like SLDEV,
just as they are to internal lists at Linden Lab.
* Resident participation is not only welcome but strongly encouraged.
* PJIRA tasks and wiki pages will be available in the near future.

We will kick this project off publicly, today, at Benjamin Linden
<https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Benjamin_Linden>'s office hour,
2pm (Pacific) in Beaumont
<http://slurl.com/secondlife/Beaumont/148/155/46/?title=Linden%20Village>.
The next two office hours will be dedicated to soliciting your feedback
and input on this project as it gets started.

You can meet the Vectorform team at Benjamin Linden's office hour today,
and read more about them at:
http://www.vectorform.com/secondlife/

If you have any questions about this project, please email the sldev
list or Benjamin Linden (benglenn at lindenlab.com) or Stephany Linden
(stephany at lindenlab.com) directly.

Thanks,

Stephany