[sldev] sljirastats.com Linden Metrics Report

Aimee Walton aimee at ama-zing.co.uk
Fri Apr 18 05:58:30 PDT 2008

On Apr 18, 2008, at 12:48, Felix Duesenburg wrote:

> It doesn't occur to me that this is a feature people really want.
> Is it? If those who like to edit their gui files happen to be
> mostly developers (which I cannot verify), wouldn't it suffice that
> they can compile their own? The whole thing would run faster and
> more reliable.

I guess you haven't been following the Dazzle debate then; people are
desperate for proper user skinning to happen before the new colour
scheme goes live. It causes eyestrain and migraines for a significant
number of people, and breaks some fundamental principles of good GUI
design. Packaged skins would at least allow those people that aren't
happy messing around with the files directly some choice, with a
little security that the changes aren't going to get broken with each
update.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Skinning - note Dazzle and the new
skin in Phase 0, skinning not till Phase 1. A completely avoidable PR
issue, why upset people introducing Phase 0 when it's all going to be
moot anyway once Phase 1 is ready? It makes no sense; it's like
standing by and watching a friend walk off a cliff.

http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-5059 and http://
jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-5080

Aimee T.