[sldev] SL Database purge

Felix Duesenburg kfa at gmx.net
Tue Apr 29 20:42:17 PDT 2008

Argent Stonecutter wrote:
> On 2008-04-29, at 13:33, Phoenix wrote:
>> We only intentionally remove unreferenced assets. This means that it's
>> in no agent/task/region/etc inventory, and not even referenced via
>> uuid in a script state.
>
> Even if it's in a box inside a box inside a box inside a box, N deep?

That shouldn't make a difference to whether an asset key can be found or
not. The box is really just a kind of reference, either in a relational
database or in a directory structure.

What I would find interesting to learn though (unaware if this has been
mentioned before), isn't there an audit trail implemented for
transactions? That should make it possible to deal with any lost items
in a highly automated way.