[sldev] Check this

Buckaroo Mu sldev at bitparts.org
Tue Aug 12 16:01:05 PDT 2008

It's an interesting concept, if true/feasible, it would seem to be what
Phillip intended SL to be from the beginning - more of a streaming
/view/ of a world, rather than streaming updates of what your PC has to
render. Broadband these days can send video fairly well - the trouble
would be rendering this kind of realism not just for one person, but for
20, 60, 100 thousand at a time - on /top/ of the existing computations
regarding physics, scripting, etc. Their cloud.. better be bigger than
any existing cloud. I doubt any of the distributed computing "clouds"
could even handle more than a couple of avatars at a time, and those
don't guarantee CPU time to any given process.