[sldev] GPL issues....

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 11:31:03 PDT 2008

Argent Stonecutter wrote:
> On 2008-08-15, at 16:39, Michael Schlenker wrote:

>> But in this case you mostly annoy people with it for no reason other than
>> GPL fanatism, for a project thats dual licensed anyway. Whats next?
>> Should
>> all patches posted to JIRA be declared GPL only to force Linden labs
>> to fork
>> the commercial and GPL trees?
>
> That wouldn't be an issue, LL doesn't accept patches if you don't assign
> copyright to them.

In fact by posting patches to JIRA you are bound my the contribution
agreement :-

At the top of the JIRA banner :-

"All submissions to this site are governed by Second Life Project
Contribution Agreement. By submitting patches and other information
using this site, you acknowledge that you've read, understood, and
agreed to those terms."