[sldev] GPL issues....

Ambrosia chaosstar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 00:46:17 PDT 2008

>From the GPL:

'Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable
    source code...'

'If distribution of executable or object code is made by offering
access to copy from a designated place, then offering equivalent
access to copy the source code from the same place counts as
distribution of the source code'

Actually Henri, Gareth is right. You need to provide the original
sources of the whole application with your patches, (or everything
with your changes) in full.

Now, I will not make any assumptions about how he approached the
matter, but I don't like how this whole thing turned out, not at all.
I will leave further thoughts to myself tho.

I'm offering to host your viewer and binaries in full on my ftp. I'm
also for now extending that offer to all other maintainers of modified
viewers that aren't distributing the code in full yet. A central
repository will simply make it so only one copy of each LL source
release  needs to be hosted on the same server for all viewers wishing
to store binaries/patches there.