[sldev] -Werror problem in trunk

Johnnie Carling johnniecarling at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 02:33:30 PDT 2008

Hey all,

With 1.21 on the way i thought it would be a good time to see how this cmake
stuff works.

The good news:

 I got trunk to work with cmake 2.4.8 (the 2.6.0 package in Debin sid, and the
2.6.1 from the cmake website both failed when trying to create the tar.bz file)

The bad news:

gcc is exiting with to many errors because of the -Werror flag.

I really have no idea what i'm doing ;) but

indra/cmake/00-Common.cmake on line 108

  if (${CXX_VERSION} MATCHES "4.3")
    add_definitions(-Wno-deprecated -Wno-parentheses)
  endif (${CXX_VERSION} MATCHES "4.3")

is failing because Debin sid currently has gcc version 4.3.1 and it doesn't
match "4.3"

I changed it to 4.3.1 and it worked, but I don't have a clue how to make it
match 4.3 and any later version as it should probably be.

Other than that, it worked great... and it's gonna be fun to poke at the code
in KDevelop. :-)

P.S.
I used the instructions here
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Michelle2_Zenovka/cmake