[sldev] Just to tantalize SL enthusiasts and developers imaginations a little more.... check out this augmented reality article

Frans mrfrans at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 10:43:27 PDT 2008

Exactly Paul. In that regards there is already Enkin. http://www.enkin.net/

""Enkin" introduces a new handheld navigation concept. It displays
location-based content in a unique way that bridges the gap between reality
and classic map-like representations. It combines GPS, orientation sensors,
3D graphics, live video, several web services, and a novel user interface
into an intuitive and light navigation system for mobile devices."

Basically it overlays google map data over live video from a phone camera.

--
Jeroen Frans
Executive Director