Exporting stuff, permissions, and licenses (was Re: [sldev] realXtend Global inventory tests successful)

Gordon Wendt GordonWendt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 11:08:20 PDT 2008

Sean, for what you're talking about though you'd probably need a third
party (with multiple grids and content coming from each grid no single
grid purveyor can be trusted to hold the keys) not to mention a much
broader and much more reasonable flag and tag system for content for
both permissions but also to make it clear who made it, on which grid,
when, what permissions they put on it (slightly ot: I'd really like at
least some first sale rights to be implemented since the person who's
sold the object has 0 rights now unless the creator gives them which
is illogical) and when those rights were put on the object,  I'd
also like to see a chain of ownership and if any a change of rights
over the history of the object implemented and think that would be
vital for any cross grid transfers as well.

- -G.W.