Exporting stuff, permissions, and licenses (was Re: [sldev] realXtend Global inventory tests successful)

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 14:07:05 PDT 2008

On 2008-08-24, at 15:39, ordinal.malaprop at fastmail.fm wrote:
> This is the wrong way around. Functional specifications (merchant
> turnip-moving desires) should always, always, under every
> circumstance ever no matter what, be developed before technical
> ones (cart + horse turnip-moving solutions) and the latter should
> come from the former. Unless one is developing both functional and
> technical specs as the same person, which is still relatively rare,
> it just can't work otherwise.

The problem is there's multiple groups of turnip-makers, and some of
them want things that can't be made and don't want to listen to
anyone who's trying to tell them that, and others don't want anyone
to have anything but the rocket-powered unrestricted sports-cart even
if they happen to think stop signs and speed bumps are kinda useful.

So there's a lot of folks going "hey, you know, if we take this cart
we already have, you can kind of make it work...".