[sldev] files missing from svn in maint-render-7?

Brad Kittenbrink (Brad Linden) brad at lindenlab.com
Mon Aug 25 15:34:53 PDT 2008

Ok, after digging through the logs, the situation is as follows:

After maint-render-7 passed QA and merged into the trunk, I attempted to
create the branch for the next iteration of the maint-render cycle.  I
accidentally created maint-render-10 (because maint-viewer-9 had just
passed qa at the same time and a bit got flipped in my head).  I
immediately noticed my error, discarded maint-render-10 and restarted
with maint-render-8.  However I made a second error and failed to delete
the spurious maint-render-10 as I had intended to.  So, maint-render-10
(as the apparently most recent maint-render iteration) got exported, and
maint-render-8 got ommitted from the export.

I have deleted maint-render-10 from both the internal and external
repositories.  As I've been writing this, maint-render-8 has just been
exported, and appears to have have files in question present.

Props to soft for cleaning up after me!

-Brad

Soft wrote:
> Hang tight - I'm told there's been a mistake in creating the current
> maint-viewer branch. I'm pinging to find out which really is the
> current development branch, and I'll update this thread after ensuring
> the correct one exports.
>
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 6:19 AM, Soft <soft at lindenlab.com> wrote:
>
>> maint-render-10 is out and most current. (Yes, there was no
>> maint-render-9.) You might try against that branch. If you have
>> specific need of the -7 branch, I remember that some other branches
>> were affected by missing exports on these files. I could track down
>> the fixes.
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 4:44 AM, azdel slade <secondloop at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, take 2 trying to compile with cmake.
>>>
>>> I got visual studio 2005 pro. I have to correct my staement yesterday,
>>> microsoft's "dreamspark" program does allow students to download
>>> visual studio 2008 an 2005. I must've tried to use visual C++ express
>>> to save download time.
>>>
>>> So while configuring with develop.py, I got an error about
>>> CMakeLists.txt for llrender and newview referring to cpp files that
>>> were missing. To be able to continue, I commented them out. But now,
>>> I'm getting linker errors, of course. Can folks direct me to where I
>>> should get these files from?
>>>
>>> The problem files are:
>>>
>>> llcubemap.cpp
>>> llpostprocess.cpp