[sldev] [HELP] How do I create an installer/setup file?

karen.chow karen.chow at clicksandlinks.com
Thu Dec 4 01:50:40 PST 2008

Hi,

I have made some changes to the SL viewer source code and successfully
compiled it using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. I have followed the wiki
to compile my code, and I have built it using RelWithDebInfo, and my startup
project is secondlife-bin. How do I create an installer/setup file for my
viewer? Also, which files do I need to include with my installer/setup file?

(I'm not actually looking to distribute this at the moment - so no issues
with licenses, just want to know how I would do it.)

Also, when I double-click on secondlife-bin.exe, I get the error below. Is
this not the exe file for my compiled code? It runs if I use the debug
option on Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.

ERROR: LLAppViewer::initConfiguration: Cannot load default configuration
file

C:\...\linden\indra\build-VC80\newview\relwithdebinfo\app_settings\settings_
files.xml

I have not been able to find any information on what to do after I have
compiled my code.

Karen