[sldev] Re: Some "benchmark/profiling" with new computer stuff.

Laurent Laborde kerdezixe at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 08:56:05 PST 2008

2008/11/19 Laurent Laborde <kerdezixe at gmail.com>:

> 1 gigabyte i-ram loaded with 4GB of ram.
> It's a wonderfull pci-card with a sata controler on it, and 8 ram
> slot, instead of hard drive disk.
> that mean : ram based "hard drive", insane I/O performance.
> Of course, i put the SL Cache on it.

If you're interested by that kind of stuff,
hyperos system launched their new hyperdrive 5, which is much much
cheaper than the version 4, and do not require ECC ram anymore :)
http://www.hyperossystems.co.uk/

I haven't tested it yet.
We use the i-ram at work, if we decide to try the HD5, i'll keep you
updated about the performances.

--
F4FQM
Kerunix Flan