[sldev] http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-10607... can someone make a patch for me?

Glen gcanaday at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 16:00:01 PST 2008

Hey all,

Can someone make up a patch for me? My skills with patch and diff are so
rusty I can't remember them.

This replaces lines 355-370 of llwindowsdl.cpp and should fix this:
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-10607.

There are two changes. One is to add a check for "Video RAM:" as two
words from the Xorg.?.log file, and the second is a very mild refactor
to have it just open the file once, and not open and close it for each
check.

I can't get it compiled just yet (build system stuff.. cart before the
horse? lol), but this one was ticking me off.
    if (fp)
    {
        llinfos << "Looking in " << fname
            << " for VRAM info..." << llendl;
        rtn = x11_detect_VRAM_kb_fp(fp, ": VideoRAM: ");
        if (0 == rtn)
        {
            rtn = x11_detect_VRAM_kb_fp(fp, ": Memory: ");
            if (0 == rtn)
            {
                rtn = x11_detect_VRAM_kb_fp(fp, ": Video RAM: ");
            }
        }
        fclose(fp);
    }

Also... what's the pastebin URL? I could just post it there I suppose...
but I'd still hafta make a patch.

--GC