[sldev] Re: What does GTK do in the Linux viewer

Glen gcanaday at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 12:22:46 PST 2008

I prefer QT to GTK because I'm none too fond of obj-C. That's a
religious thing, tho.

Why not improve the input handling in SDL?

And ahhh, I didn't know LL were taking the code elsewhere. No, I am not
planning to nor do I have any wish to use anything other than the
standard LL-coded viewer. Maintaining version compatibility with a
moving target is a nightmare and I won't attempt it. I've done it
before, and I have to say that I absolutely refuse to ever fork another
large OSS project ever again ;P Patches against LL code yes, separate
and soon to be incompatible code branch that is likely to undo bug fixes
I code, no. Oh my, no.

--GC