Re: [sldev] Vote for change in virtual worlds: let’s put e-democracy to a test!

Leonel Morgado leonel.morgado at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 09:33:49 PST 2008

Hi Tom,
    I beg to disagree. I find it relevant - that's why I posted it.
    I am not an American - that's a great thing about change.org - you can
contribute with ideas, even if you're not an American citizen.

    The metaverse is international, but it isn't a reality: you are in
Second Life, but you cannot take your avatar and creations to other virtual
worlds, not even to Open Sim. Even existing efforts, like the cross-grid
announcement by Linden Lab and IBM recently, cover little more than an
avatar's name.

   Anyone should be able to host a virtual world server and let other people
visit it, seamlessly - like anyone can host a Web page.
   That is what this proposal is all about.

   It impacts research, education, business, it impacts Second Life, but
also other virtual worlds.

Inté,

Leonel