[sldev] OpenJPEG 1.3?

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 03:13:35 PST 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 10:51 AM, Tofu Linden <tofu.linden at lindenlab.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> Is OpenJPEG 1.3 considered good?  I noticed that there are a few
> crash-fixes in OpenJPEG svn since 1.3 was released, so I'm mildly
> inclined to wait for 1.3.1 before upgrading the version we
> use with SL.

Its been running well for me, and i've had no issues reported back to
me from my package users. I'm stuck with the fact that I have an AMD64
and 1.2 is unusable on that. If there is a 1.3.1 release coming soon
that has additional crash fixes then this may be a good reason to wait
but if the ojp team are not going to push a release for 6 months then
i would say go to 1.3 sooner rather than later.

Others may have different experiences.

:-)