[sldev] [Patch] Clicking on names in Chat/Group IM

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 06:06:20 PST 2008

On 2008-02-06, at 01:47, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 20:32 -0600, Argent Stonecutter wrote:
>> It would be even better to have secondlife://
>> something.secondlife.com/
>> something...

> What, to increase load on the DNS servers?

I nearly imagine that it makes no difference whether the name of the
server SL uses to complete the request is hardcoded in the client or
encoded in the URL, it has to look it up regardless. The advantage to
encoding it in the URL is that it would allow one to search for
secondlife://something.dragaera.com/something/Marish%20eChala as
easily as secondlife://something.secondlife.com/something/Torley%
20Linden. :)