[sldev] Two questions: Region geography and region handles

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 11:35:02 PST 2008

On 2008-02-15, at 13:13, Jason Giglio wrote:
> Argent Stonecutter wrote:
>> On 2008-02-14, at 08:00, Michael Miller wrote:
>>> My question regarding region geography is: What are the
>>> dimensions of the regions? Maximum x/y/z coordinate?

>> All regions are the same shape, with corners at <0,0,0> and
>> <256,256,4096>.
>

> Please try not to build these assumptions into any new code though.

Alas... there's no way to get region size from LSL. This means
regions larger than 256x256 will break so much in-game content I
don't think it's practical in the foreseeable future. That's
apparently one reason they went with OpenSpace sims instead of simply
allowing larger sims.

I guess I'll open up a Jira for "llGetRegionInfo" :).