[sldev] Viewer Source Release of RC-1.18.6.2

Joshua Bell josh at lindenlab.com
Wed Jan 2 11:22:10 PST 2008

Alissa Sabre wrote:
>> Developers who build from source should correct the URL (to
>> "secondlife.com"). Anyone who is distributing viewers based on this code
>> base should update and repackage the viewers so that users are not at risk.
>>

> Why don't you distribute sources for 1.18.6.3 and 1.18.6.76453 then?

(1) The change was a single URL + release notes.
(2) We plan on pushing out 1.18.6.4 with sources tomorrow

And the most practical reason..

(3) I was feeling under the weather but happened to be on a street car
passing by the Linden offices with my family when I got a call about the
exploit. I hopped off the street car, came in to do the viewer builds
and push them live, and caught up with my family at home (several hours
later) and crawled into bed.

We could push them now, but see (1) and (2) above.