[sldev] [VWR] VWR-1151 project files still valid for VS2005 source compilations?

Joshy Squashy sly_squash at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 5 03:30:55 PST 2008

Hello,

I'm slightly torn on the issue of how to go about setting up source compilations.  On the one hand, <https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Converting_project_files_for_MSVS2005> still seems to recommend using the project files at <https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-1151>, which saves a lot of work and seems to generate a lot cleaner compilation than I manage to do on my own despite feeling like I follow the manual documentation religiously.  On the other hand, these files seem terribly out-of-date.

So do you VS2005 devs still use them?

What I would love to see would be if we could keep an updated zip of the VS2005 project files for each release, be it by continuing to add them to the JIRA or some other location.

Hopefully it won't be too far down the road before we don't have to "convert" anything at all for it to work!

~Squash Otoro