[sldev] Roadmap: 1.19.0 Viewer

Jonathan Wolk jwolk at lindenlab.com
Tue Jan 8 13:14:51 PST 2008

Nik Radford wrote:
> With my idea, the ticks would be persistant (It'd need to be server
> side value, so best to make it persistant).
>

> With LL's (supposed?) implementation, from what I understood of what
> it said was that you'll have to open up a chat session with each group
> you want to chat with upon log in to recieve messages.

Hi All,

    Sorry for the confusion with all this.  I/We do plan on (sometime
soon) adding an ability to "auto join" group chat sessions on log in.
This will basically be a server side bit sent to the viewer in which the
viewer will open up your group's chat tab.  You could add some viewer
side mimicking of this by reading/writing your auto logins to a file,
but that obviously will not be persistent across multiple machines.
    But, yes, group IMs will become opt-in (by manually joining the
session) rather than opt-out.

-Jonathan Linden