[sldev] 1.19.0 Group Chat

Anders Arnholm Anders at Arnholm.se
Wed Jan 9 12:00:32 PST 2008

Jonathan Wolk skrev:

>    A change was also made to remove the auto-login in an effort to make
> group chat opt-in rather than opt-out.  I am working on a way to make
> the auto join on login a simple checkbox (as mentioned in this list
> previously) though the previous way of having these be "passive" will
> not work (though there may be another way of making them passive).
>    I hope this clears a few things up.

Not really, you seams to take to easy on the regular day to day use of
group IM's, none of my 25 groups is filled with no or really little
spam, once or twice a week one of the club groups get someone joining
that don't know (about 3000 in that group now...)

This will drive all club spam from IM chats to notices, making all
members get the pop-up or an email, I'm not sure you'll gain as much as
  you hope on. One more turn on the drawing board is probably needed.

It will make help groups talk groups less working, I'm afraid this will
make an even worse situation that today. I don't have any good of the
shelf solutions, maybe at login adding automatic to all selected groups
will work, the opt-in will however force all that need's or likes to get
informations out to use something else than group IM. I hope you have
scaled these solutions up... (email, will probably be one of the bigger
needed resources.

believed to be clean.