[sldev] Re: [VWR] summary of VWR-4021 discussion from 2008-01-08 AWGroupies meeting & general ho

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 06:46:12 PST 2008

Argent Stonecutter wrote:
> On 2008-01-10, at 03:10, Robin Cornelius wrote:
>> Can i clarify which of the points you referrer to. There are a couple
>> raised in that JIRA, one gives a legacylogin option for opensim etc
>> grids (and thats what th patch does) and this is a temporary
>> workaround for opensim really. My preferred solution is in the
>> comments and that is for the authentication webpage to return the
>> loginuri to use on the next stage of login.
>
> You mean it doesn't????
>
> I thought the Lindens had already specified that submitting the form
> would return a redirect to the login URI.

No it only returns a grid=agni, it does not return the required full
url. It looks up the returned grid name in the list that is hard coded
in llviewernetwork.cpp. I cannot see any point for this hardcoding. It
might just as well return the full url for the next xmlrpc auth stage.
There is a provision after the xmlrpc request to have an indeterminate
state that can then rewrite the loginuri to another location but not at
the web auth stage.

RObin