[sldev] Re: SL Protocol

Jo Grant/Cambridge/IBM jo_grant at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 11 09:12:38 PST 2008

Lawson wrote:
>Things will get ever more out-of-synch with the current pages unless the
>community picks up the slack.
I'm very, very keen on seeing a well documented login protocol. I joined
this list because I ran into a brick wall trying to implement the protocol
in Java. The understanding I got is that there is some vast change
immanent in how the protocol works and it wasn't worth embarking on a
major project until that was done. I've been skimming subject lines since
and I haven't really seen what I thought was a big change in this.
I'm sure the answer is in the detailed messages. Forgive me for asking for
a summary. What's up? If we write code against what is there at the
moment, how quickly can we expect it to go out of date?

If we're not shooting at a moving target, I'm more than happy to update
the wiki with information gleaned. I did some updates when I was writing
my Java code with my discoveries before.

Cheers,

Jaymin Carthage

Jo Grant, jo_grant at us.ibm.com
http://www-03.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/roivw
ISV Developer Enablement Architect,
Workplace Technology,
1314, 5 Technology Park Drive, Westford MA 01886
tel: 617-693-6089
SL: Jaymin Carthage