[sldev] Viewer Auth Postponed

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 10:53:02 PST 2008

On 2008-01-11, at 12:08, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> From what i have seen its quite possible to have the old and new
> logins
> exist side by side.

As several other people have already noted... :)

> Is it worth having both login systems in the code? with a compile time
> switch. If things are all backing up it could be a way to keep all the
> code current with old and new login protocols but with out breaking
> too
> many things?

I think this should be the way forward, with a command line option
for the default, regardless of what's going on behind teh scenes.

In fact I think the XUI login should remain indefinitely, since
(again, as widely discussed) you can use either the new or old login
code regardless of whether you're generating the initial login page
from XUI or HTML.