[sldev] Linden Lab Viewer Release Roadmap - 2007-01-14

Joshua Bell josh at lindenlab.com
Mon Jan 14 18:06:04 PST 2008

Ryan Williams (Which) wrote:
> Argent Stonecutter wrote:
>
>> On 2008-01-14, at 18:42, Joshua Bell wrote:
>>
>>> * Age verification viewer side (was in 1.18.6)
>>>
>> What do you mean by this? I thought that this was NOT going to be in the
>> final viewer.
>>

> Are you perhaps confusing viewer auth (which was recently announced to
> not be in 1.19) with age verification (which has had no announcements
> recently)?

To recap what's in the 1.18.6 release notes, and hence is in the trunk
code and hence will be in 1.19:

* Age Verification:
** The user interface for parcel and estate access has been clarified and improved.
** Added the ability to restrict access to parcels and estates to age verified adults. See an upcoming blog post for more details
** Removed the ability to *ban* access to Residents who have provided payment info or who have used payment info. We continue to support the ability to *allow* access to only those who have provided payment info.

There have been a few tweaks along the way, captured in the various 1.18.6 RC iteration notes.