[sldev] Open development of the Webmap API

Harold Brown labrat.hb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 17:21:36 PST 2008

Re-Posting this to the dev list as I didn't on initial reply

I re-did most of the new MapAPI interface using OpenLayers
(http://openlayers.org/)  Example 1. demo here:
http://www.rpgstats.com/OpenLayer/example1.html

MapMarkers don't work, but that's mostly due to my not having much
experiance with how the Google MapAPI works and trying to translate
that to a different mapping system.

In regards to the MapAPI documentation on the wiki.  I was the one who
ported it over and added the instructions for the google Map API
interface.  So no I didn't document everything as the root calls
didn't need to be documented for the MapAPI to be used as intended.

As for getting information back in blocks:

http://secondlife.com/app/voicemap/index.php?var=name&x=1000&y=1000&blocksize=10

The above is a JSON query that will return 32 regions starting at
1000,10000.  The information returned is X and Y co-ordinate, Region
Name, and if it is capable of voice (all regions should return true
now I believe).