[sldev] Re: Mac build, python error

Ryan Williams (Which) rdw at lindenlab.com
Tue Jan 22 00:19:10 PST 2008

Ryan Williams (Which) wrote:
> Anna Gulaev wrote:
>> This is the pattern matching in the python script failing to find my
>> LL_CHANNEL, which I thought I customized according to the guidelines.
>> It does not like the string
>>
>> Second Life Open Source [Vengeance Studio]
>
> Hmmm... good to know.  I think that the pattern would work better as:
> "LL_CHANNEL\s=\s\"(.+)\";$"
> but I haven't tested that to see if it works all the time.
So I just did some testing and the entire proper line in llmanifest.py is:

            channel = re.search("LL_CHANNEL\s=\s\"(.+)\";\s*$",
contents, flags = re.M).group(1)

You can stick that into your checkout of llmanifest.py and it should
accept your channel-name-with-brackets.  This is committed to our
maintenance branch, so you should see it appear in the source drops once
it passes through our build/QA process.

-RYaN