[sldev] dorkbot meeting avatar puppeteering and physical interfaces

evolutie evolutie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 10:17:45 PDT 2008

Hi,

Sunday 6 july at 1 PM PDT at
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Odyssey/85/153/45/ there will be a dorkbot
session that I think is interesting for many on this list.

JJ Ventrella will present the avatar puppeteering project, for which
the client code was recently made available to the community.
http://www.avatarpuppeteering.com/
Philippe Bossut will present the Segalen / HandsFree3D project. He has
developed several demos using 3D camera motion tracking to interface
with Second Life, and spent the last weeks on connecting his work to
the puppeteering feature.
http://www.handsfree3d.com/

This will be a good opportunity to get informed, discuss and ask
questions concerning these technologies and features, so I hope to see
you all there ;-)
More in information and links about the event, projects and presenters
can be found at
http://rhizomatic.wordpress.com/2008/07/03/dorkbot-session-announcement-4/

chrz,
Evo